Do you ever wonder if your garage door opener needs replacement? If you don’t know where to start, here’s a list of tell-tale signs that your garage door opener needs to be replaced.
Garage doors are one of the biggest investments you’ll make in your home. When they fail, it can cause major damage to your property. Here are some tell-tale signs that indicate your garage door opener needs replacing.
If you see any of these signs, then it’s time to replace your garage door opener.
1. There is no power at all.
This could mean several things. First, check the circuit breaker box for tripped breakers. If there is no power, look for blown fuses in the panel. Finally, check the wiring harness for loose connections or corrosion.
3. The door does not close completely.
This could be caused by a broken spring, worn-out roller bearings, or bent pinion gear. It could also be due to an obstruction on the track such as a tree limb, car tire, or other debris.
4. You hear loud noises when opening and closing the door.
The noise may be coming from the motor itself, the springs, the hinges, or even the tracks. In most cases, this means the machine is damaged.
5. The door opens slowly or stops halfway up.
This could be due to a worn drive belt, a broken chain, or bent pinions. It could also be caused by a stuck door.
6. The door sticks open and closes.
This could be because of jammed rollers, a malfunctioning safety switch, or a broken cable.
7. The door has stopped working altogether.
This usually happens when the opener fails to detect the presence of a person standing near the door.
8. The opener is not opening or closing properly.
This could be a result of a faulty sensor, a bad contractor, or a failed solenoid.
9. The door doesn’t seem to move smoothly.
This could be the result of a worn track, a broken hinge, or a bent carriage.
10. The door jams.
This could be an indication of a problem with the door track, a broken spring, or a worn bearing.
Why Replace Garage Door Openers Immediately When Needed?
There are many reasons why you should replace your garage door opener immediately when needed. Some of them include:
• A garage door opener will last 10 years or more. However, if it malfunctions, you have only about five years before it breaks down.
• Garage door openers are relatively inexpensive. But, if you need repairs, you can easily spend thousands of dollars.
• Garage door opener repair costs are often covered under homeowners’ insurance policies.
• Garage door operators are designed to work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, if something goes wrong, you won’t have to worry about finding someone who works nights or weekends.
• Most garage door openers come with warranties. This means that if anything goes wrong, you can get a new unit within 30 days.
• Garage door operator repairmen are trained to fix problems quickly and efficiently. They understand how important it is to get your garage door back into operation as soon as possible.
Why Maintain Your Garage Door Openers?
There are many reasons why maintaining your garage door opener is important. For example, if your garage door opener malfunctions, it could lead to costly repairs. Also, if you have a manual garage door opener, it will eventually need maintenance.
A garage door opener is a vital part of your home. It keeps your garage safe and secure while allowing you access to your vehicle at all times. If you notice any of these tell-tale signs, then it’s probably time for a replacement.
Garage doors are heavy and complicated, which makes them difficult to install and maintain. Master Overhead Door offers a complete range of services for your garage door needs, including garage door repairs, garage door installations, garage door openers, and garage door remotes. When you’re looking for a reliable company to handle your garage door installation or repair, look no further than Master Overhead Door. Order your free estimate today!