Do you have a garage door torsion spring problem? If so, then you need to read this guide.
Garage doors are very important parts of our homes. They protect us from the elements and allow us to enter and exit our homes safely. However, garage doors also require maintenance and repair.
Garage doors are heavy, and if left open for long periods of time, they can cause serious damage to the structure of your home. This is especially true of garage door torsion spring systems.
This article will cover the basics of garage door torsion springs and how to properly care for them.
The Basics of Garage Door Torsion Springs
Torsion springs are used in most garage door systems. These springs provide the force needed to lift or lower the door. The amount of force provided by these springs depends on their size.
Spring sizes range from 1/2 inch to 2 inches thick. Most common sizes include 3/4 inch, 5/8 inch, 7/16 inch, and 1/2 inch.
Most garage door manufacturers recommend replacing torsion springs every two years. This allows the springs to be replaced before any significant wear occurs.
If you notice that your garage door is not working as well as it once did, it may be time to replace your torsion springs.
Garage Door Torsion Springs Maintenance
To keep your torsion springs in good condition, follow these steps:
1) Check the garage door opener. Make sure that it has enough power to operate the garage door.
2) Clean all areas around the garage door opener.
3) Remove the old garage door opener.
4) Install the new garage door opener.
5) Test the garage door opener to make sure it works correctly.
6) Replace the garage door opener’s batteries.
When To Repair or Replace Garage Door Torsion Springs
You should consider replacing your torsion springs when one fails. You can do this yourself at home, but it’s best to hire an expert to complete the job.
There are several reasons why you might want to replace your torsions springs:
– They could fail due to age.
– They could break due to excessive use.
– They could become damaged during installation. For example, if you install a garage door opener with a broken cable, the torsion spring won’t work.
– The springs could get stuck inside the garage door. In this case, you would need to call a professional to help remove the springs.
How To Care for Your Garage Door Torsion Spring System
Here are some tips to help you take proper care of your garage door torsion system:
• Never leave the garage door open for more than 24 hours.
• Keep the garage door closed whenever possible.
• Use weather stripping around the bottom edge of the door frame to prevent moisture from entering the garage.
• Don’t overload the garage door opener. It needs enough power to handle normal usage.
• Always check the manual that came with your garage door opener.
• Be careful when lifting and lowering the garage door. Do not exert too much pressure.
It’s important to know how to maintain your garage door torsional spring system. Follow the above guidelines to ensure that your garage door torsions spring system operates smoothly and efficiently.
Garage doors are heavy, and they require maintenance. Torsion springs are crucial components of your garage door. They’re responsible for lifting the weight of your door when it’s closed and lowering it when it’s open. When they fail, they can cause serious damage to your garage door. That’s why it’s critical to get them repaired right away. If your garage door has failed, call our team of experts at Master Overhead Door – Indio Garage Door Repair. We’ll send over the most experienced technicians to diagnose the problem and fix it quickly. Get your garage door fixed today!